Did you know?
Giving the outside of your home some TLC can up the value and help it sell quicker.
Below are some of my most cost-effective tips to help you get more out of your home in less time.
- Give your home a bath. Washing the exterior of your home is one of the cheapest ways to make it look fresh and well maintained. You can rent a power washer for a minimal fee to reduce the amount of elbow grease needed. Be sure to wash the windows inside and out, as well as the garage and any other buildings such as sheds on the property.
- Give attention to your roof. It pays to have your roof inspected and any minor repairs made to it before your home is appraised. A professional can also be called in to clean off years of grime and algae without damaging the roof if needed.
- Give the yard a manicure. Trim any shrubs to create a neater appearance. Pull weeds in any flower beds and add fresh mulch. Cover bare spots in the lawn with seed/sod and apply lawn food to the grass to make it greener.
- Add some color. Something as simply as hanging a few flower baskets or sitting a couple pots of flowers on the porch will add a nice visual to the front of your home. You could also add a colorful welcome mat to the front entry. These small touches will not increase the value of your home, but will entice buyers to enter your front door.
- Small upgrades. Splurge on a new mailbox and some new decorative house numbers. Swapping out any exterior lighting for something more updated can be an affordable fix also.
- Maintenance Fixes. Lastly, I cannot stress the importance of repairing hanging gutters, cement cracks, lose bricks, and so forth.
With a little money and a few weekends of work you can drastically improve the chances of a quick sale and increase the overall value of your home. So get out there and give the exterior of your home a once over and make a list of items that need repaired along with simple upgrades and additions that will have home buyers raving over your house.
If you’re thinking of selling a home here in Northeast Ohio I would love to chat with you. I can offer more great advice and tell you what I can do as a Realtor to help sell your home with ease.
I’m available to help home buyers and sellers with their real estate needs in Stark County, Summit County, Wayne County, Holmes County, Carroll County, Tuscarawas County, and Coshocton County in Ohio.